Cupcakes Background

Voting

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

One of my favorite things about this time of the year is cranberry sauce. I absolutely love it! Its rich sweet and tart flavor is incredibly satisfying. Every year I make several batches and freeze them to eat throughout the year ( well it really only lasts until about February) with chicken or pork.
Tomorrow we are having a Thanksgiving potluck at work and I thought I would take some to share. I will also be making more for actual Thanksgiving next week and then some more for a X-mas potluck in December. Yum!
It's really so easy to make:

- 4 cups fresh cranberries, washed and sorted ( throw away the blemished ones)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- some orange zest or orange juice

Bring water and sugar to a boil, add cranberries. Stir every once in a while and after they "pop" mash them up with a wooden spoon. No need to add pectin, cranberries are naturally rich in it. When you have reached your desired consistency add the orange juice or zest, turn it off and you are done!

See? It couldn't be any simpler. And it tastes so much better than a canned one, once you eat this you will never want to have that again.


1 comment:

  1. I'm making mine tomorrow. Have you tried adding a little bit of ginger? I love it. I'll try you pork loin recipe tomorrow as well.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete