Cupcakes Background

Voting

Friday, November 26, 2010

Pecan Pie

This is my absolute favorite pie of all times, I could eat it day and night. I make it every year but I have to say this was the best one yet. I did a lot of researching on the web, and based upon my experience selected this recipe.
I made sure I toasted the pecans before hand, I put them on the bottom of the pan as opposed to mixing them with the sauce. 
But I think that what made it really special was the fact when the pie was settled but still warm I brushed it with a mix of light corn syrup and rum. Oh my goodness, it made it look professional and tasted like heaven. 

However, I am ashamed to say I did not made the crust. I have yet to get a gist of how to get it all flaky and buttery, and decided Thanksgiving was not the time to go around experimenting. I will work on improving my technique this coming year so hopefully I will have an awesome recipe to share in 2011. 


            Lightly toasting the pecans to release the oils.
                       My super-helpful nieces arranging the pecans on the pan.
                              Ready to go into the oven. 


So it turns out I forgot to take a picture of the pecan pie. But here is a group picture, sugar-free chocolate cake on the left ( baked by my mom). pecan pie on the right and pumpkin on top.

1 comment: